STC - 106
2+2, B11R I-Shift Volvo Multi Axle Semi Sleeper,AC, LCD (53 seats)
STC - 104
1+2, Sleeper,AC, Non-Video (34 seats)
About TumkurBook online bus tickets to Tumkur By SEABIRD TOURISTS.
SEABIRD TOURISTS takes you to the Tumkur district is an administrative district in the state of Karnataka in India. The district headquarters are located at Tumkur. The district occupies an area of 10,598 km² and had a population of 2,584,711, of which 19.62% were urban as of 2001. It is a one and a half hour drive from Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka.
It consists chiefly of elevated land intersected by river valleys. A range of hills rising to nearly 4,000 feet (1,200 m) crosses it from north to south, forming the watershed between the systems of the Krishna and the Kaveri. The principal streams are the Jayamangala and the Shimsha. The mineral wealth of Tumkur is considerable; iron is obtained in large quantities from the hillsides; and excellent building-stone is quarried. The slopes of the Devarayanadurga hills are clothed with forests, in which large game abounds, including tigers, leopards, bears and wild hog. The annual rainfall averages 39 inches.
Tumkur is the headquarters of the district of the same name. It is located to the North West of Bangalore at a distance of 70Km.City is in close proximity to Bangalore and has a decadal growth of about 40% over the last few decades. This is a city surrounded by mountains and hills ,pleasant place for learning , Siddhaganga Mutt is one of the god send to poor and Orphan children for getting educated , is gate way for Karnataka ,more than 15 Districts should pass through Tumkur to reach Capital city Bangalore , this city is also famous for good tourist palces like Kaidala Temple ,Devarayana Durga, Namada Chilume, Shiva Gange, Goravanahalli MahaLakshmi Temple etc.
Tourist Attractions in Tumkur
Make your Tour to Tumkur a memorable experience by visiting these famous tourist places in Tumkur.
* Yediyur Home of the prominent Veerashaiva Saint - Totada Shivalinga, this place is renowned for the Sadhalingeshwara Temple.
* Pavagada Fort Built in 1405 AD by a Vijayanagar chieftain, this Hill Fort was the scene of fierce battle between the British and Tipu Sultan.
* Madhugiri Known for its pomegranates, this developing town is home to one of the finest Hill Forts built by the Vijayanagar Kings. Jain Basadis and other temples adorn the place.
* Marconahalli Here is a reservoir built across Shimsha River, where you can avail of boating facilities.
* Sinhadham This Lion Safari Park is situated on Shimoga-Sagar Road.
Places around Tumkur
Explore the land of Tumkur, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Tumkur –
* Devarayanadurga This small beautiful place of pilgrimage set amidst dense forest is a hill-station situated 16 km away. You can witness Sri Yoganarasimhaswamy and Bhoga Narasimhaswamy temples, as also the Namada chilume and Adi Sankara temples here.
* Goravanahalli Lakshmi Temple Located 90 km from Tumkur, this majestic temple is one of the famous ones in Karnataka.
SEABIRD TOURISTS takes you to the Tumkur and makes the journey comfortable.