About GokarnaBook online bus tickets to Gokarna By SEABIRD TOURISTS
SEABIRD TOURISTS takes you to the Gokarna is a village in the Uttara Kannada district of the Karnataka state, India. It is a Hindu pilgrimage centre as well as a tourist destination in India. Gokarna is a temple town and is referred to in a number of Hindu historical literature pieces. The main deity is Lord Mahabhaleshwara, a form of Hindu god Shiva. Around the town lie a number of beaches and these serve as a major attraction for travellers.
Gokarna is also famous for its beautiful beaches and landscapes. The main beaches in Gokarna are the Gokarna beach, Kudle Beach, Om Beach, Half moon Beach and Paradise Beach (also known as Full moon). The Gokarna beach forms the coast of the town while the other four beaches lie to the south of Gokarna. Kudle and Om are around 6 km from Gokarna town along a muddy hill; they are accessible by rickshaw or foot. Half moon and Paradise are beyond Om beach and are accessible only by foot or boat. Om beach is named so because it is shaped like the auspicious symbol. Om beach is the only naturally Om shaped beach. Two other beaches - Paradise and Half Moon - are smaller and remote beaches.
Places to See also.
1)Murudeshwara 85 km from Gokarna
2)Idagunji 65 km from Gokanra.
3)Yana 55 km away from Gokarna and 32 km from Kumta.
4) Bhookailas (1958 film).
About Gokarna Tourism.
Go-karna, means 'cow's ears' in Sanskrit. According to legends, Lord Shiva emerged from a cow's ear and so the name. It is located at the meeting point of the two rivers Gangavali and Agnashini, which is shaped like an ear. Gokarna is a town of paradox - a holy center contrasted by it being a popular beach destination. A place said to have been the center for India's ancient Ganja culture, it is known today, for being a holy city, housing the famous Shiva temple where you can find the Aatma Lingam enshrined. Gokarna is one of the seven muktisalas or pilgrimage centers of Karnataka, and has been venerated even by the Nayanmar saints in their Tamil hymns.
Sightseeing around Gokarna.
On the religious exploration, visit the Mahabaleshvara Temple, nestled in the Western Ghats and housing the 1500-year-old deity. The temple's west end has the Mahabaleshwar enshrined, from where you could have a look at the shivalingam which is 6 feet tall, viewable only once in 40 years during the performance of a ceremony. Otherwise you are allowed only a glimpse of the top of the lingam.
Gokarna is situated on the west coast on India, south of Goa. Go-karna literally means "cow's ear" in Hindi and Sanskrit. This name is believed to have been derived from mythological legend, in which Lord Shiva emerges from an ear of a cow. This village is formed in between two rivers, which flow together and form a landmass shaped like a cow's ear.
It is very rich in olden culture and tribal area with full of nature love.
This place is famous for religious Hindu rituals, as well as it's wonderful (and not so secluded anymore) beaches. These beaches are separated by cliffs. There are four main beaches Kudle beach, Om beach, Halfmoon beach, and Paradise beach.
A small town on banks of Arabian sea, Gokarna, literally meaning Cow’s Ear, is a temple town in the Uttara Kannada district of the Karnataka. As per Hindu mythology, Cow has a special religious place as Mother Earth. It is believed that Lord Rudra (another name for Shiva) was sent to Patalaloka by Brahma (the creator) to undergo penance. He eventually emerged from the ear of a cow named Prithvi synonym for the Mother Earth and hence the name of Gokarna. Thus this place served Rudra as a womb and so, this place is also known as Rudra Yoni and Adi Gokarna. Gokarna is placed at the ear-shaped confluence of two rivers Gangavali and Aghanashini, a natural picturesque scene anybody can never forget.
Gokarna is town of contrasts as it is a temple town and also a holiday destination. Gokarana is a famous pilgrimage centre as well as a tourist attraction for those who want to explore the cultural heritage and beauty of India. Gokarna finds its reference in a number of Hindu historical literature.
Gokarna is acclaimed as Mukti Stala, the place where Hindus come to perform their obsequies, after the death of a close relative. Gokarna is also mentioned in the Shrimad Bhagawat Purana as being the home of the two brothers Gokarna and Dhundhakari.
Around the town lie a number of beaches sefving as a major attraction for travelers. This coastline is surrounded by natural beauty of five beaches (Gokarna beach, Kudle beach, Om beach, Half moon beach and Paradise beach) and hills alongside, the traveler can choose his favorites for himself. This is not a place to hurry. One should just drift up the coast, enjoying the scenic beauty of this coastal area and marvelous cultural heritage of India.
Gokarna is full of coconut and palm trees, blue seas and clean sands. It is an attractive town with two main streets with shops and traditional tile roofed brick houses.
SEABIRD TOURISTS takes you to the Gokarana and makes the journey comfortable.
About ShimogaBook online bus tickets to Shimoga By SEABIRD TOURISTS.
SEABIRD TOURISTS takes you to the Shivamogga is a city located in Shivamogga district in the central part of the state of Karnataka, India. It lies on the banks of the Tunga River and is the administrative headquarters of the district.
Nearby attractions in Shimoga.
1) Agumbe 90 km south-west, is unforgettable for its glorious sunset.
2) Jog Falls are a spectacular series of waterfalls, located 105 km away from Shimoga. The Sharavathi River takes a spectacular jump from a height of 292 m in four distinct falls to form the highest waterfalls in India. The best time to visit these falls is soon after the monsoon season during July and August.
3) Kodachadri is a beautiful hill station in the Western Ghats. It is 120 km from Shimoga.
4) Gajanur lies 15 km to the southwest. The dam built across the Tunga River here is ideal for picnics.
5) Koodli lies 15 km and is the place where the Tunga and Bhadra river meet and flow together as Tungabhadra.
6) Lion Safari lies 12 km on the way to Sagara. Forest department will take for safari ride in the vehicle to spot the wild animals.
7) B R P Dam is 28 km from the city on the way to Lakkavalli. This is the dam built on the Bhadra river with a maximum height of 186 feet.
8) Kaveladurga is a trekking spot around 80 km from Shimoga. A fort built on the hill top and the enchanting view of the western ghats can be seen from this place.
9) Mrugavadhe lies in Thirthahalli taluk and is famous for its Mallikarjuna temple and its scenic beauty.
10) Sigandhooru is 108 km from Shimoga in Sagar taluk. This place is famous for Sigandhoor Sridevi temple and to reach this place one has to go in launch (due to backwaters of river Sharavathi) run by the State government.
11) Sringeri is 105 km from Shimoga. This place is famous for the Sharadha temple and Sringeri Mutt.
12) Sakkare Bayalu is a nice elephant camp 2 km away from Gajanur Dam on the way to Thirthahalli.
13) Ikkeri near Sagara town is known for huge rock temple of Aghoreshwara. Keladi is also having rock temple; both of these temples belong to Shivappa Nayaka period. Sagara town is known for wood carving articles particularly of sandal wood, which can be handy for presentation/memonto.
14) The village of Ambuthirtha is about 16 km north-west of Thirthahalli. The Sharavathi River originates here and a Shivalinga is installed at the spot.
15) Kemmannagundi is a popular hill station near Shimoga though it lies in Chickmagalur district.
"Chibbalagude", Thirthahalli, The famous place for Siddivinayaka temple & Fish in Tunga river, (like Shringeri). For all these places, one should find rooms in Shimoga or Sagar only, as other places are almost villages. "Shiva Statue" made of concrete is installed at Harakere, near Shivamogga looks good.
Lion safari is 6 km from Shimoga. Safari drives are conducted in cage vans to get closer glimpse of wild animals.
Many shops at Shivamogga's widely laid boulevards are a Shoppers paradise. The Nehru Avenue [Road], B.H Road, Durgigudi, Balaraj urs Road, Sowlanga Road, Shivappanayaka Market (Now it is demolished and is shifted temporarily to taluk office premises), Gandhi Bazaar are the major commercial centres of Shivamogga. Cloth and other related items like dresses, saaris etc., are available at cheaper rates than other places. Most of those, though not of international recognition are of very good quality.
Supermarkets are opening up too. Birla group's 'More' is the first one.
Local attraction in Shimoga.
A small fort of Shivappa Nayaka and adjoining to it is a Kote Anjaneeya(Lord Hanuman) temple near banks of the river Tunga.
Tourist Attractions in Shimoga.
Make your Tour to Shimoga memorable by visiting these famous tourist places near Shimoga –
1)Tyarekoppa Lion Safari
Started in 1988, this lion-tiger safari is an ideal picnic spot, situated 10 km from Shimoga. You can sight a variety of Lions, Tigers, Cheetah, Bear, Deer, and exotic migratory birds here.
2) Sakrebayalu Elephant Camp
Located 14 km from Shimoga, you can catch a glimpse of several elephants playing in the waters, by getting into this camp before 9 am.
3) Keladi The first capital of Keladi Nayakas, it has a large courtyard decked with the Rameshvara temple, Veerbhadreshvara temple, and the Parvati temple.
Places around Shimoga
Explore the land of Shimoga, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Shimoga –
1) Agumbe This spectacular sunset point is also known as the Cheerapunji of South India as it receives the highest rainfall in South India. This picturesque landscape is renowned for its glorious sunset.
2) Jog Falls One of the highest waterfalls in India, Jog Falls is situated 100 km from Shimoga. It is formed by the Sharavathi River, gushing down from a height of 253 meters.
3) Ballegavi Also known as Dakshina Kedara, there are some important temples here like the Kedareshvara temple, Tripurantakeshvara temple, Prabhudeva temple, etc.
4) Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary Situated 32 km from Shimoga, this is a picnic spot set amidst lush green forest where birds migrate from far-off places.
SEABIRD TOURISTS takes you to the Shimoga and makes the journey comfortable.