Book online bus tickets to Shimoga By SEABIRD TOURISTS.
SEABIRD TOURISTS takes you to the Shivamogga is a city located in Shivamogga district in the central part of the state of Karnataka, India. It lies on the banks of the Tunga River and is the administrative headquarters of the district.
Nearby attractions in Shimoga.
1) Agumbe 90 km south-west, is unforgettable for its glorious sunset.
2) Jog Falls are a spectacular series of waterfalls, located 105 km away from Shimoga. The Sharavathi River takes a spectacular jump from a height of 292 m in four distinct falls to form the highest waterfalls in India. The best time to visit these falls is soon after the monsoon season during July and August.
3) Kodachadri is a beautiful hill station in the Western Ghats. It is 120 km from Shimoga.
4) Gajanur lies 15 km to the southwest. The dam built across the Tunga River here is ideal for picnics.
5) Koodli lies 15 km and is the place where the Tunga and Bhadra river meet and flow together as Tungabhadra.
6) Lion Safari lies 12 km on the way to Sagara. Forest department will take for safari ride in the vehicle to spot the wild animals.
7) B R P Dam is 28 km from the city on the way to Lakkavalli. This is the dam built on the Bhadra river with a maximum height of 186 feet.
8) Kaveladurga is a trekking spot around 80 km from Shimoga. A fort built on the hill top and the enchanting view of the western ghats can be seen from this place.
9) Mrugavadhe lies in Thirthahalli taluk and is famous for its Mallikarjuna temple and its scenic beauty.
10) Sigandhooru is 108 km from Shimoga in Sagar taluk. This place is famous for Sigandhoor Sridevi temple and to reach this place one has to go in launch (due to backwaters of river Sharavathi) run by the State government.
11) Sringeri is 105 km from Shimoga. This place is famous for the Sharadha temple and Sringeri Mutt.
12) Sakkare Bayalu is a nice elephant camp 2 km away from Gajanur Dam on the way to Thirthahalli.
13) Ikkeri near Sagara town is known for huge rock temple of Aghoreshwara. Keladi is also having rock temple; both of these temples belong to Shivappa Nayaka period. Sagara town is known for wood carving articles particularly of sandal wood, which can be handy for presentation/memonto.
14) The village of Ambuthirtha is about 16 km north-west of Thirthahalli. The Sharavathi River originates here and a Shivalinga is installed at the spot.
15) Kemmannagundi is a popular hill station near Shimoga though it lies in Chickmagalur district.
"Chibbalagude", Thirthahalli, The famous place for Siddivinayaka temple & Fish in Tunga river, (like Shringeri). For all these places, one should find rooms in Shimoga or Sagar only, as other places are almost villages. "Shiva Statue" made of concrete is installed at Harakere, near Shivamogga looks good.
Lion safari is 6 km from Shimoga. Safari drives are conducted in cage vans to get closer glimpse of wild animals.
Many shops at Shivamogga's widely laid boulevards are a Shoppers paradise. The Nehru Avenue [Road], B.H Road, Durgigudi, Balaraj urs Road, Sowlanga Road, Shivappanayaka Market (Now it is demolished and is shifted temporarily to taluk office premises), Gandhi Bazaar are the major commercial centres of Shivamogga. Cloth and other related items like dresses, saaris etc., are available at cheaper rates than other places. Most of those, though not of international recognition are of very good quality.
Supermarkets are opening up too. Birla group's 'More' is the first one.
Local attraction in Shimoga.
A small fort of Shivappa Nayaka and adjoining to it is a Kote Anjaneeya(Lord Hanuman) temple near banks of the river Tunga.
Tourist Attractions in Shimoga.
Make your Tour to Shimoga memorable by visiting these famous tourist places near Shimoga –
1)Tyarekoppa Lion Safari
Started in 1988, this lion-tiger safari is an ideal picnic spot, situated 10 km from Shimoga. You can sight a variety of Lions, Tigers, Cheetah, Bear, Deer, and exotic migratory birds here.
2) Sakrebayalu Elephant Camp
Located 14 km from Shimoga, you can catch a glimpse of several elephants playing in the waters, by getting into this camp before 9 am.
3) Keladi The first capital of Keladi Nayakas, it has a large courtyard decked with the Rameshvara temple, Veerbhadreshvara temple, and the Parvati temple.
Places around Shimoga
Explore the land of Shimoga, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Shimoga –
1) Agumbe This spectacular sunset point is also known as the Cheerapunji of South India as it receives the highest rainfall in South India. This picturesque landscape is renowned for its glorious sunset.
2) Jog Falls One of the highest waterfalls in India, Jog Falls is situated 100 km from Shimoga. It is formed by the Sharavathi River, gushing down from a height of 253 meters.
3) Ballegavi Also known as Dakshina Kedara, there are some important temples here like the Kedareshvara temple, Tripurantakeshvara temple, Prabhudeva temple, etc.
4) Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary Situated 32 km from Shimoga, this is a picnic spot set amidst lush green forest where birds migrate from far-off places.
SEABIRD TOURISTS takes you to the Shimoga and makes the journey comfortable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Shimoga
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Shimoga
The city of Bangalore is India’s third largest city and the state capital of Karnataka, known for being a modern, cosmopolitan metropolis at the helm of the country’s IT-boom. Bangalore is a shopper’s haven overrun with big malls and shopping districts, as well as a food lover’s paradise with one of the highest concentrations of places to eat in the continent. Spotted with parks and natural lakes, Bangalore is alternately known as ‘The Garden City of India.’ Recently voted as the most livable metro in the country, Bangalore is known as‘Pensioner’s Paradise’ on the one hand and as ‘Start-up City,’ on the other, attracting youth from across the world with its trending markets and rapid availability of jobs. With Bangalore’s ever-doubling IT infrastructure, it is often referred to as the Silicon Valley of India.
Another aspect of Bangalore is soaked in the history of bygone, ancient cultures. Bangalore has been peopled for up to 3000 years, bearing megalithic monuments that treasure its rich past. Bangalore, as we know it today, was established in 1537 by KempeGowda I, who constructed a well-planned city within an oval mud fort in the area that is today known as City Market. Gradually, Bangalore grew into a commercial center and a chief part of the silk industry. Over successive centuries the Marathas, Mughals, Wodeyars and the Mysore Sultanate, all did their bit to develop the city further. In 1809 the British set up a cantonment in Bangalore, drawn by its pleasant weather and central location.
The earliest recorded usage of the name Bengaluru is found in today’s ‘Old Bangalore,’ in a 9th century temple. According to legend, King ViraBallala was once lost in the jungles that once overran these parts. He was wandering, tired and hungry, when an old woman revived him with her hospitality and a plate of boiled beans. Out of gratitude the King consequently named the area ‘Benda KaaluUru’ (Town of Boiled Beans). It was only in 1831, when the British seized Mysore from the ruling Wodeyars that the capital was shifted to Bangalore. The anglicization of Bengaluru turned it into Bangalore until it was recently reverted back to its original.
Although Bangalore is not a popular tourist destination, there are many sites worth taking a tour of. The legislative House of Karnataka, VidhanaSoudha, is one of the Chief attractions of Bangalore. It was built during the 1950s using granite in a neo-Dravidian style of architecture. Other places of historical interest include the Bangalore Palace, constructed by the Mysore Maharajahs and Tipu Sultan’s Palace, built around 1790 as Tipu’s summer retreat.
A tour of Bangalore must also include Lalbagh Botanical Gardens- built by Hyder Ali in 1760, and the Bannerghatta National Park- a 25,000-acre zoological park one and a half hours away from Bangalore City. Educational tours of Bangalore may include the Vishweshwaraiah Industrial and Technological Museum, the State Archaeological Museum, the Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, the Venkatappa Art Gallery and the Karnataka ChitrakalaParishad. Religious tours of Bangalore cover the Bull Temple in Basavanagudi, the Maha Bodhi Society Temple- a replica of the Bodh Gaya Stupa, the ISCKON temple, the Maruthi Temple, the GaviGangadeshwara Cave Temple as well as many other temples, mosques and churches of historic significance.
Due to an average elevation of 920 meters above the sea level, Bangalore enjoys a cool climate throughout the year. Although summers can get hot with dry heat waves, it seldom exceeds 35 degrees Celsius and hovers around a mean temperature of 24 degrees Celsius.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Bangalore
, Bangalore-Mysore Ooty 1n 2d (Dlx)
, Bangalore-Mysore Ooty 2n 3d
, Bangalore-Mysore Ooty 4n 5d Itdc (Dlx)
, Bangalore-Mysore Ooty Kodai 3n 4d (Dlx)
, Bangalore-Mysore Ooty Coonur 3n 4d (Dlx)
, Bangalore-Goa Package 2n 3d
, Bangalore-Goa Package 3n 4d
, Bangalore-Bangalore Sightseeing
, Bangalore-Ooty Coonoor 1n 2d
, Bangalore-Ooty Coonoor Filmy Chakkar2n3d
, Bangalore-Ooty Kodai 2n 3d
, Bangalore-Ooty Kodai 3n 4d
, Bangalore-Kodaikanal 2n 3d
, Bangalore-Munnar Alleppy 3N 4D
, Bangalore-Tirupathi Drop
, Bangalore-Chitradurga (Bypass)
, Bangalore-Davangere (Bypass)
, Bangalore-Cucolium (Goa)
, Bangalore-Panjim (Goa)
, Bangalore-Ramanguli (Ankola)
, Bangalore-Canacona (Goa)
, Bangalore-Kolhapur (Bypass)
, Bangalore-BC Road
, Bangalore-Shirdi 1n 2d Package
, Bangalore-Hyderabad 1n 2d DLX
, Bangalore-Ugar (Budruk)
, Bangalore-Ugar (Khurd)
, Bangalore-Siddapura (Sirsi)
, Bangalore-Margoa (Goa)
, Bangalore-Dharwad (Bypass)
, Bangalore-Tirupathi Package
, Bangalore-Tirupathi Balaji Darshan
, Bangalore-Madangeri Cross
, Bangalore-Itdc Tirupathi Package
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Bangalore
, Mysore Ooty 1n 2d (Dlx)-Bangalore
, Mysore Ooty 2n 3d-Bangalore
, Mysore Ooty 4n 5d Itdc (Dlx)-Bangalore
, Mysore Ooty Kodai 3n 4d (Dlx)-Bangalore
, Mysore Ooty Coonur 3n 4d (Dlx)-Bangalore
, Goa Package 2n 3d-Bangalore
, Goa Package 3n 4d-Bangalore
, Bangalore Sightseeing-Bangalore
, Ooty Coonoor 1n 2d-Bangalore
, Ooty Coonoor Filmy Chakkar2n3d-Bangalore
, Ooty Kodai 2n 3d-Bangalore
, Ooty Kodai 3n 4d-Bangalore
, Kodaikanal 2n 3d-Bangalore
, Munnar Alleppy 3N 4D-Bangalore
, Tirupathi Drop-Bangalore
, Chitradurga (Bypass)-Bangalore
, Davangere (Bypass)-Bangalore
, Cucolium (Goa)-Bangalore
, Panjim (Goa)-Bangalore
, Ramanguli (Ankola)-Bangalore
, Canacona (Goa)-Bangalore
, Kolhapur (Bypass)-Bangalore
, BC Road-Bangalore
, Shirdi 1n 2d Package-Bangalore
, Hyderabad 1n 2d DLX-Bangalore
, Ugar (Budruk)-Bangalore
, Ugar (Khurd)-Bangalore
, Siddapura (Sirsi)-Bangalore
, Margoa (Goa)-Bangalore
, Dharwad (Bypass)-Bangalore
, Tirupathi Package-Bangalore
, Tirupathi Balaji Darshan-Bangalore
, Madangeri Cross-Bangalore
, Itdc Tirupathi Package-Bangalore
About SEABIRD TOURISTS: