You can make possible with SEABIRD TOURISTS to visit Mysore is the second largest city in the state of Karnataka, India. It is the headquarters of the Mysore district and the Mysore division and lies in southwest of Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka. The name Mysore is an anglicised version of Mahishuru, which means the abode of Mahisha. Mahisha stands for Mahishasura, a demon from Hindu mythology. The city is spread and is situated at the base of the Chamundi Hills.Mysore is famous for the festivities that take place during the Dasara festival when the city receives a large number of tourists. Mysore also lends its name to the Mysore mallige, Mysore style of painting, the sweet dish Mysore Pak, Mysore Peta (traditional silk turban) and the garment called the Mysore silk saree. In an exercise carried out by the Urban Development Ministry under the national urban sanitation policy, Mysore was rated the second cleanest city in India in 2010 and the most cleanest in Karnataka.
You can visit Mysore through SEABIRD TOURISTS and is a tourism hot spot within the state of Karnataka and also acts as a base for other tourist places in the vicinity of the city. The city receives the maximum number of tourists during the period of the Dasara festival when festivities take place for a period of 10 days. One of the most visited monuments in India, the Ambavilas Palace (also known as Mysore Palace) is the center of the Dasara festivities.Austin Railcar inside the Railway Museum, Mysore Fountains at Brindavan Gardens at night
The Jaganmohana Palace, the Jayalakshmi Vilas and the Lalitha Mahal are some of the other palaces in the city. Chamundeshwari Temple, atop the Chamundi Hills and St. Philomena's Church are popular religious places in Mysore. This can be possible by making a route with SEABIRD TOURISTS .The Mysore Zoo, established in 1892, and the Karanji and Kukkarahalli lakes are also popular spots for tourists. Museums in Mysore include the Regional Museum of Natural History, the Folk Lore Museum, the Railway Museum and the Oriental Research Institute. The city is also a centre for yoga-related health tourism that attracts lot of foreign visitors as well. These places can be visited by SEABIRD TOURISTS make the journey more comfortable.
A short distance from Mysore city is the Krishnarajasagar Dam and the adjoining Brindavan Gardens where a musical fountain show is held in the evening. Places of historic importance lying close to Mysore are Srirangapatna, Somanathapura and Talakad. The hills, B R Hills and Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta and the hill stations of Ooty and Madikeri are all near Mysore. Popular destinations for wildlife enthusiasts near Mysore include the National Parks at Bandipur and Nagarhole, the wildlife sanctuaries at Melkote and B R Hills and the bird sanctuaries at Ranganathittu and Kokrebellur. Other tourist spots near Mysore include the religious locations of Nanjanagud and Bylakuppe and the waterfalls at Shivanasamudra. This historic places can be viewed by SEABIRD TOURISTS
Buses SEABIRD TOURISTS run every 5 minutes from Bangalore. There is a choice of airconditioned and ordinary vehicles. During the weekends, these buses can fill up, but most do not allow you to purchase your tickets in advance. However, buses to Mysore board constantly so finding a bus with seats is never a problem. The SEABIRD TOURISTS buses are very comfortable, especially the Volvo (Luxury) buses.
Frequent bus service SEABIRD TOURISTS is available to all major tourist of the city. Volvo airconditioned buses are also available ten, Infosys, and to some major residential areas.
SEABIRD TOURISTS provides the facility to travel from bangalore to mysore in which mysore place contains the following.
1) Mysore Palace- Intricately carved rosewood doors and ceilings some with inlaid ivory work, marble figurines, collections of caskets, paintings of the members of the royal family and other objects of personal use exhibit such opulence, though age as worn them out a bit with slight discolouration
2) Brindavan Gardens and Musical Fountain at the Krishna Raja Sagar Dam. Nice garden full of fountains, in the neighbourhood of Mysore. At 7PM the "musical fountain" light and music show begins.
3) Chamundi Hills, inquire for various service timings at temple. has a temple of Goddess Chamundeshwari (or Chamundi). The huge Nandi statue on the mountain is also well known. The Hills are 3300 Feet above sea level and are known for their wild life like leopards, but trekking is safe, and facilities to climb to the top are available. Atop the hill, Goddess Chamundi's idol is placed in a beautiful temple with marvelous architecture. It is a plastic free zone. Rs. 20 for regular queue (typically longer) . Rs 100 for shorter queue.
4) Jagmohan Palace and Art Gallery. A former palace that has been converted into a wonderful art gallery featuring famous works by various Indian artists.
5) Lalit Mahal Palace also a former palace but now a five star hotel, visitors should go around afternoon tea time as they serve a great British high tea.
6) St. Philomenas Church. A beautiful Cathedral, reminiscent of medieval architectural style,is one of the largest churches in the country. Built in the gothic style,the Church is an imposing structure with stained glass windows and lofty towers.
7) Mysore Zoo is one of the city’s most popular attractions. It was established under royal patronage in 1892, making it one of the oldest zoos in the world, and since then millions of people have enjoyed its wonderful animals and spectacular grounds. The zoo has a very successful breeding program and houses animals from more than 40 different countries and there are many native Indian animals as well, including Royal Bengal tigers, white tigers, elephants, giraffe, fallow deer, Himalayan black bear, Gaur (Indian bison), white peafowl and African rhino. The zoo is also home to many other exotic creatures from around the world like Branary sheep, giraffe, hippos and gorillas. The zoo also encompasses Karanji Lake, which attracts several species of migratory birds during the breeding season including painted storks, pelicans and darters. Other attractions include the botanical Garden with 35 species of exotic ornamental plants and 85 species of trees from India and abroad. Rs.30 for adults, Rs. 10 for children over 5.
8) Karanji Kere. is a small lake inside the city.You can go for a small trip of boating.The lake is sorrounded by green trees and you can also see various variety of birds like pelicans and painted storks on the island in Karanji kere. In local language Kere means Lake and thus a Lake by the name of Karanji is called as Karanji Kere.
Book online bus tickets to Mysore by SEABIRD TOURISTS.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Mysore
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Mysore
Book online bus tickets to Krishnagiri By SEABIRD TOURISTS
Krishnagiri SEABIRD TOURISTS is a municipal city and the headquarters of Krishnagiri District in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located 90km from Bangalore and 45km from Hosur. Mango is cultivated as the main crop and it is considered the birth place of mangoes. The land here is extremely fertile with rich access to fresh water and is amenable to growing crops. Krishnagiri is a rapidly growing town and is the site of significant business and residential development. The Krishnagiri Dam is currently undergoing expansion and a variety of small scale industry zones are being set up.
Thousands of visitors visit Krishnagiri SEABIRD TOURISTS each year. Majority come from Hosur/Bangalore or Chennai. KRP (Krishnagiri Reservoir project) dam constructed in 1960's during the rule of the then Chief Minister Kamaraj located near the town, is a nice picnic spot. Nearby, Sayed Basha hills has a fort that was the fortress of the ruler, Tippu Sultan. Treks to the nearby hills/mountains as well as farm houses are located in the outskirts. The boat house is situated 8 km from the central bus stand. There are a variety of ancient temples in the vicinity of Krishnagiri. Nearby Ramapuram is the site of a 500 year old Rama Temple that draws many visitors each year.
Tourist Attractions in Krishnagiri by SEABIRD TOURISTS
Make your Tour to Krishnagiri memorable by visiting these famous tourist places near Krishnagiri –
1) Krishnagiri Dam
2) Located about 10 km from Krishnagiri, this dam is an excellent spot for picnic Built in between the years 1955-57, this dam sprawls over an area of 50 acres, with its either side being decked with beautiful flower gardens.
3) Government Museum
The museum houses exhibits from various subjects such as Archeology, Anthropology, Botany, Zoology, Geography, etc, and is a means to spread the tradition, heritage, culture and art of the region.
Places around Krishnagiri
Explore the land of Krishnagiri, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Krishnagiri –
1) Arulmigu Maragathambigai Chandra Choodeswarar Temple
2) Located in Hosur on National Highway 7, this temple stands on a hillock. Beside the temple are a children's park and an observatory, setup by the tourism department.
Nestled amidst valleys and cliffs, this place situated 25 km from Hosur experiences cold and cloudy weather resembling England and is therefore referred to as Little England since the British days. Remnants of the 16th century Denkanikottai Fort here is a major attraction, which was destroyed during war between Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan.
3) Kelevarapalli Dam in Krishnagiri.
4)Dharmapuri in Krishnagiri.
5)This nearby district has several attractions, such as the famous Hogenakal waterfalls, fresh water Crocodiles, mouth-watering mangoes, and the best quality marble stone reserves in the world.
Fairs & Festivals in Krishnagiri.
1) Mango Festival in Krishnagiri.
Krishnagiri is the venue for this famous festival, celebrated on the last 3 days of June. An event for the buyers and sellers to meet, various mangoes are kept on display at this festival.
2) Car festival in Krishnagiri.
Krishnagiri is one of the tourists place and makes the journey enjoyable.
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets from Krishnagiri
, Krishnagiri-Chitradurga (Bypass)
, Krishnagiri-Davangere (Bypass)
, Krishnagiri-Dharwad (Bypass)
, Krishnagiri-Kolhapur (Bypass)
Quick Links - Book Bus Tickets to Krishnagiri
, Chitradurga (Bypass)-Krishnagiri
, Davangere (Bypass)-Krishnagiri
, Dharwad (Bypass)-Krishnagiri
, Kolhapur (Bypass)-Krishnagiri
About SEABIRD TOURISTS: